These General Terms and Conditions (GTC) shall apply to all contracts concluded with the AHA for participation or organisation of events such as seminars, conferences, workshops, presentations, moderation, coaching, consulting or similar, as well as to all further services provided by the AHA in this context. Should agreements deviating from these General Terms and Conditions be concluded at an event, the latter shall take precedence.
In registering, the contracting party (participant, client, trainer, institution, entrepreneur) shall accept the following General Terms and Conditions of the AHA. Deviating agreements concluded between the contracting parties shall not apply unless the AHA has issued confirmation to this effect in writing. Individual contractual agreements between the contracting parties shall always take precedence.
II. Conclusion of a contract
The contract shall arise through acceptance of an offer. In the case of events split into several blocks, the contract shall be concluded for the entire training cycle, unless otherwise agreed individually and in writing.
III. Payment terms and costs
1. In the case of events for which a fee is charged, the contractually agreed fee for the event shall be payable in accordance with the AHA invoice and payment shall state the full invoice number.
2. AHA invoices shall become payable immediately upon receipt of the invoice without deduction. In the event of a default in payment, the AHA shall be entitled to demand statutory interest as applicable at the time. The AHA shall reserve the right to prove a greater loss.
1. If the AHA and the contracting party have agreed in writing on a date for withdrawal from the contract free of charge, the contracting party may withdraw from the contract up to that date without triggering any claims for payment or damages on the part of the AHA.
2. The contracting party’s right of withdrawal shall lapse if they do not exercise their right of withdrawal with the AHA by the agreed date.
3. If the contracting partner withdraws or reduces the booking after the contractually agreed date for free-of-charge withdrawal, the following cancellation periods/costs shall apply:
• up to 30 calendar days: free of charge
• up to 14 calendar days: 50 %
• up to 7 calendar days: 75 %
• up to 3 calendar days: 90 % of the booking amount
4. The AHA shall reserve the right to postpone or cancel in space and/or time a seminar/an event for reasons beyond its control (e.g. insufficient number of participants, unavailability at short notice or a lecturer falling ill without possibility of a replacement, force majeure).
VI. Cancellation or changes to events
1. The contracting party shall be informed of this immediately using the contact details provided in its registration. Should an event not be able to take place, the contracting party shall be refunded the fees already paid. The same shall apply if the contracting partner is unable to attend a rescheduled date for the event. All claims for reimbursement of travel and accommodation costs shall be excluded unless such costs are incurred due to intentional or grossly negligent conduct on the part of the AHA. Other claims on the part of the contracting party shall be excluded. The AHA shall reserve the right to change instructors or alter the schedule of events. The contracting party shall not be able to derive any claims e.g. for withdrawal from the contract or reduction of the fees.
Andreas Hermes Akademie Bonn, June 2019